Friday, August 10, 2007

OK Go - Here It Goes Again

Excellent use of treadmills!


We were in a pub in Sydney the other night when this came on the TV. I had only seen it once before but it mesmerised me and I had to get Mr M and our friends to watch it, so I interrupted the conversation. Sure enough they were engrossed for the entire length of the video and so confirmed to me that it is on of the best music videos, at least to me.


So I thought I would share my list of favourite music vids:

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer (fantastic vid from the 80's, excellent use of animation)

Blur - Coffee & TV (another with good animation because I really love the milk carton, it's so cute!)

Fatboy Slim - Weapon of choice (Christopher Walken dancing - need I say more?)

OK Go - Here it goes again (I love the use of the treadmills, and the choreography)


Of course there are other music videos that are very good, Thriller is always at the top on programmes that compile these lists, but as much as I do like Thriller it doesn't grab me enough to make my personal list. The videos that have made my list are quite simple in comparison but sometimes the simple ones are best. I was also tempted to include Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity as I do really like that video as it always has me wondering how it was done but but the insects in it are a huge turn off. Eugh!

So while my list isn't very long it is very exclusive and I'm sure I will find others along the years that will take their own place there.

Anyway, a completely pointless post really but I just felt like it. For one thing it has taken my mind of packing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But Coffee & TV makes me cry :o( !!

Agree with all your choices - especially FBS and Christopher Walken video. Walken is just too cool for words